Wednesday 19 November 2014

It's my Belief

It is My Belief
“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” 
                                                                        Genesis 1:1
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  
He was with God in the beginning. 
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  
In him was life, and that life was the light of men.” 
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 
John 1:1-4,14.
I regard myself as a fundamentalist Christian. I believe the above verses, “God created the heavens and the earth.”
I believe the words,
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  
He was with God in the beginning. 
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.”
That the “Word” is Jesus.
I believe that He and God are one and that they are also one with the Holy Spirit. That they in union made the heavens and the earth.
Where I would vary from some of my peers is that I don’t really care if it took billions of years as the scientist are suggesting. God could easily have allowed it to be that way. If they are wrong then so be it.
I could also care less if it took six twenty-four hour days. God again could have done it. He could have compressed time. After all I worship and almighty all powerful God.
The point is I believe God created the heavens and the earth.
The Psalmist states,
“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” 
                                                                                                             Psalm 19:1.
The more I look at the world the more I see the hand of God. Our world is perfect. Every living thing and for that matter every non-living thing is there to support life on this space rock.
I am sure if it were possible to figure it out, every star, every galaxy, every thing in the universe has a reason for being.
I believe that good science will one day be able to prove that this world has form and order that did not come from randomness coming into order by it’s self.  
The one thing Atheist, evolutionist and Christians have in common is faith in what we believe in.
For me it is harder to believe in evolution and the absence of a God than it is to believe there is a God.
The life to me just wouldn’t make sense if there is no God. And if all there is, is this life then what a waste of a soul.
Think about it.

No comments: