Saturday 22 November 2014

On Atheism

On Atheism
“Atheism treats people cheaply. Also, it robs death of meaning, and if death has no meaning, how can life ultimately have meaning? Atheism cheapens everything it touches look at the results of communism, the most powerful form of atheism on earth.
And in the end, when the atheist dies and encounters God instead of nothingness he had predicted he’ll recognize that atheism was a cheap answer because it refused the only thing that’s not cheap the God of infinite value”
                                         Peter John Kreeft PH.D. 
                                                   as quoted in a case for faith by Lee Strobel
I have always contended that there has to be more to life than what I can see, touch, hear and feel. That life is more than an accumulation of a bunch of bobbles bangles and beads. That is why I accepted Christ as my saviour in the first place. He made life make sense.
I truly believe there is life beyond death. That death is not an end. That, that thing that is us, our very soul does not die when our physical body wears out. But travels through eternity.
Abba Hillel Silver wrote,
“Faith in God is the strongest bulwark of a free society.  Human freedom began when men became conscious that over and above society and nature there is a God who created them...who fashioned them in His likeness, and that they are, therefore, possessed of intrinsic and independent significance and are endowed, as individuals, with original and irrevocable rights and authority.”
                              Abba Hillel Silver.
To my knowledge no Atheist or group has ever come up with a moral code to equal that of the ten commandments.
In those few short words the Bible lays down for mankind in brief how to live with respect for both God and our fellow man.
The Bible does not contest the fact that there is a God. It makes it clear there is. End of story.
The Bible make it clear we all have hope. The Atheist offers no hope.
The call of Jesus to the world is,
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
 and you will find rest for your souls.  
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 
                                                                         Matthew 11:28-30.
Here’s something to think about.
 The one thing no Atheist has ever been able to explain, is why do so many people around the world who are going through all kinds of pain and suffering still have an unwavering faith in a just and loving, almighty God.
I believe the answer is simple. There is a just, and loving, almighty God.
Think about it.

No comments: