Wednesday 5 November 2014

Where

Where
         The following is a poem from a book I wrote called images. The sole purpose  of writing the book was to make people think I put this here for both the Christian and none-Christian to think about.

Where

Where are the people?
Where?

Are they but shadows in the mall?
Shadows wandering, looking for the latest trinkets, bobbles or beads.

Are they?
Are they but shadows in time,

What is life?
Yours or mine?
What?

Is life but a wisp of smoke carried in the air?
A wisp in the eternal aether 

Are people wisps of smoke?

What of man’s or woman’s! accomplishments?
What of them?

Is the sum total of all ones life simply a pile of shinny tin, brass, and wood?
Is that life?

Is life simply a cacophony of molecules and atoms,
Sound and energy travelling through endless time?
Is it?

Or 

Is a life.
Yours and mine,... more?

Is it a divine opera?
An opera played out on a high mesa 
A stage suspended between heaven and hell.

Are we as Shakespear said, simply actors?

Are we but actors in a play?
Actors awaiting the final curtain call,
Sending us to eternity?

Are you ready for the final curtain call?
Are you?

What is the sum total of your life?
What?

What will “they” say about you when you pass on?
What will God say?

The Psalmist wrote

“Show me, O LORD, my life’s end and the number of my days; 
let me know how fleeting is my life. 
You have made my days a mere handbreadth; 
the span of my years is as nothing before you. 
Each man’s life is but a breath. 
                                                 Psalms 39:4,5

Jesus said,
‘Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. 
If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, 
I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.’ 
                                                               Revelations 3:20
The Apostle Paul wrote,
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—
and this not from yourselves, 
it is the gift of God— 
Ephesians 2:8

The writer of Hebrews wrote, 
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for 
and certain of what we do not see...
And without faith it is impossible to please God, 
because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists 
and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
                                                                                        Hebrews 11:1,6

Jesus said,
“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. 
No one comes to the Father 
except through me.” John 14:6

Life is more than a wisp of smoke in the eternal aether. 
Shadows wandering, looking for the latest trinkets, bobbles and beads.
Shadows in time.

Life is a divine opera.
An opera played out on a high mesa.
A stage suspended between heaven and hell.

An opera with a twist.

A play who’s final ending is determined by you and me.
A play deciding where we will spend eternity.

Where will you spend eternity?

Will you accept Jesus Christ into your heart and life today?
Will you pray.
Dear Heavenly Father,
I recognize that Jesus is your one and only Son.
That he came to earth to die for my sins.
I confess I am a sinner and that I fall short of what you want for my life.
Please forgive me of my sins and come into my life.
That I may spend eternity with you

                                      In Jesus name I pray
                                                   Amen.

No comments: